We are expecting the technical preview for Windows 10 Mobile to start rolling out soon to select number of handsets, but according to a report by the WC it may be a good idea to hold off installing it, even if your handset is included in the first wave.
Issues with some devices running the software include:
- WP10 seems to drain battery very fast, and it gets the device hot with simple things like phone calls
- Animations are not smooth
- HTC One M8 you cannot hide the on-screen buttons and they are above app bars and the keyboard
- Glance screen does not work on WP10 (for HTC One, at least)
- Quiet Hours turns alarms off
The bug list (particularly the battery drain and alarm issue) sounds like the kind of issues which can lead to a very bad day, and suggests, like the Windows 10 Technical Preview, the update should not be installed on your primary device, even if a roll-back is available.
Handsets on which Windows 10 Mobile is already being tested include the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, HTC One M8 for Windows, Lumia 635, Lumia 920 and 830.
Will our readers brave the bugs and still install it (which has lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the past when the WP8 Preview for Developers went wrong) or will you hang on a month or so? Let us know below.