We are just one day away from Microsoft’s press event where they will be revealing all the details about the highly anticipated Windows 10 OS. While we all have our own guesses and expectations, Mary Jo Foley from ZDNet today blogged about what to expect from Microsoft on this event. Here is the summary of the same,
- Microsoft will not release Windows 10 Mobile SKU which will run on small Intel tablets and ARM based tablets tomorrow.
- Microsoft is expected to release Windows 10 Mobile SKU in February.
- Microsoft will demo the touch first version of Office for Windows. It will look and function as the recently released Office for iPad apps. You need Office 365 subscription to unlock all the features.
- Microsoft will talk about the OneCore of Windows 10. With Windows 10, developers can target devices of different sizes with the same code environment.
- There will be one Windows Store that will deliver apps for mobile phones, tablets, PCs and Xbox.
- Microsoft will talk about the new Spartan web browser which will run alongside Internet Explorer in Windows devices.
- Microsoft will also talk about some hardware related to gaming at this event. Might be their virtual reality headset.