A side effect of many Windows 10 Mobile apps being Universal is that in the rush to finish Windows 10 for the desktop, many Windows 10 Mobile apps are also receiving a bit of spit and polish.
Today updates have been pushed out to a wide variety of apps including Camera, Photos, MSN Weather, MSN Sports and Outlook Mail and more.
Some improvements noted include:
- Outlook Mail & Calendar:
- Now you can filter email from the new filter option on top of the email list for unread and flagged email.
- Icons at bottom have grown bigger and calendar icon is hidden and shows up when you tap on pivot.
- Calendar app now has landscape view and multi-day view
- You can add multiple Outlook.com accounts
- Background picture option removed.
- New manual refresh option on the top bar which animates while updating and offers faster refresh times for local photos.
- Swipe up to view file info now removed.
- Redesigned settings page
- Updated Live Tile with Pan and Zoom effect for your photos.
- The app now lets you set a picture as background and lock screen.
- Photos can now share to email
- MSN Weather
- UI and performance improvements.
Have our readers noticed any other changes? Let us know below.
Thanks Aakash for the tip.