Microsoft is releasing a new update for Windows 10 Mobile Threshold 2 to the Insiders in the Release Preview ring. The company today released Build 10586.218, which is available to the Release Preview ring in the Windows Insider program. As per usual, the latest update is a minor update which brings bug fixes, stability improvements, and performance improvements which should improve the user experience of the operating system.
Editor’s note: Build 10586.218 is also rolling out to Retail Devices, know more here.
Here is the changelog:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn’t load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
With the latest build, Microsoft has fixed the overlay bug in the All Apps list, which is really nice to see. For those unfamiliar, the Release Preview and Slow rings are just a way to get the latest stable Windows 10 Mobile updates and try them out a bit earlier than the public. Of course, if you are not part of the Insider program, you will still get this build in the coming weeks, or even days — however, that will vary depending on your device’s carrier.
If you are an Insider, you can get the latest update by heading over to Settings > Update & Security and checking for updates. Again, make sure you are part of the Windows Insider program and put your device in the Release Preview ring. Happy downloading!
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrfjbhk]