Microsoft has just released a new Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Insiders on the fast ring. The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview is Build 10536, which isn’t a major update from the last preview build – however, the latest update mostly focuses on performance improvements and bug fixes. On Build 10536, everything feels a lot snappier and smoother than before, as you may expect.
The build also includes other new improvements, here’s a list:
- Insider Hub is now included again!
- Mobile hotspot functionality has been fixed.
- Voice input has been updated to add support for Japanese and English (India) speech recognition.
- Single hop updates are again available from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview for all devices.
- Two-factor authentication is fixed when setting up a device for both text and phone authentication.
- Start screen will successfully load instead of failing with “Loading …” displayed in a loop until device was rebooted. (We are still tracking down an issue were it may show “Loading …” for a few seconds.)
- Quite Hours\Do Not Disturb has been fixed.
- Delay in showing date and time on Lock screen has been improved.
- Pinch and zoom in Maps now works as expected.
Additionally, Microsoft has also added one-handed mode for smaller devices, which a lot of users will appreciate.
If you’re a Windows Insider on the fast ring, you’ll be able to get the latest build by heading over to Settings > Phone Updates and check for updates to install the latest build. And if you’re not a Windows Insider yet, you can sign up for the Insider program by heading over to insider.windows.com. Keep in mind that you’ll need to install the Windows Insider app on your Windows Phone and set it up to get builds from the Fast ring to get the latest build.
We’ll have more coverage on Windows 10 Build 10536 soon, so stay tuned. Until then, discuss what you think of the latest build in the comment section below.