Microsoft today started the roll-out of new Windows 10 Build 9879 to Slow Ring users. This is a full build, and it will be installed as an in-place upgrade, so you’ll go through those colorful “installing your apps” screens again. This is because your account is being re-provisioned after the upgrade.
As with the last build, you’re getting hot-off-the-presses code which means there are a few issues. We’ll be publishing WU updates shortly to fix the first two, but the remainder will not be fixed for 9879.
- In some cases you may get a black screen when trying to log-in or unlock. The only option is to hold the power button to hard reboot.
- You will be unable to connect to Distributed File System network locations.
- Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.
- Skype calls will disconnect and Music will stop playing if those apps are minimized.
- There are several known issues with screen sharing with Lync.
Read about new features and changes in this new build here.