Windows 10 Anniversary Update is also available for the HoloLens, alongside PCs. If you happen to own a HoloLens, you should be able to get the new update (build 14393). Unfortunately though, it isn’t known if the update brings any specific new features to the HoloLens, but we will likely know more about that later. For now, if you own a HoloLens, just head over to Settings > ?Update & Security and Check for Updates.
Here is the changelog:
- Microsoft HoloLens Commercial Suite
- Attach To Process Debugging – HoloLens now supports attach-to-process debugging. You can use Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 to connect to a running app on a HoloLens and start debugging it. This works without the need to deploy from a Visual Studio project.
- Updated HoloLens Emulator – We’ve also released an updated version of the HoloLens Emulator.
- Gamepad Support – You can now pair and use Bluetooth gamepads with HoloLens! The newly released Xbox Wireless Controller S features Bluetooth capabilities and can be used to play your favorite gamepad-enabled games and apps. A controller update must be applied before you can connect the Xbox Wireless Controller S with HoloLens. The Xbox Wireless Controller S is supported by XInput and Windows.Gaming.Input APIs. Additional models of Bluetooth controllers may be accessed through theWindows.Gaming.Input API.
The Commercial Suite includes:
- Kiosk mode. With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens. Your IT department can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft Intune. You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s need.
- Windows Update for Business. Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
- Data security. BitLocker data encryption is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access. Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business. Your IT department can also set up an enterprise private store, containing only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.
Let us know if you are getting the Anniversary Update on your HoloLens in the comment section below.