WifiLocations 0.6 is a cool bit of software being developed on XDA-Dev that uses your cell tower location (and therefore very little battery life) to activate or de-active your WIFI. This would for example allow you to have WIFI on at home and off at work or vice versa.
The software features:
- Specify locations (based on GSM/UMTS Cell-ID) where WiFi will be activated automatically (and turned off when you leave)
- Specify locations where Bluetooth will be activated automatically (and turned off when you leave) or the other way around (for headset/carkit usage).
- Specify locations where your ringer should be turned off or to vibrate (and back to previous state when you leave)
- Run a user-specified program when in specified location (and the choice of killing it when you leave).
- Name the Cellâ€™s so itâ€™s a little less confusing.
- Autostart on reboot-option.
Unfortunately CDMA cell-sites are not supported.
Download the cab at XDA-Developers here.