WhatsApp, the popular group messaging service, is looking for a client-side developer with skills including C# development.
Now the only mobile client which uses C# is Windows Phone 7, suggesting the company is finally looking at adding a client for the service on our favourite OS.
Such an app is long overdue, given that they already support iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Symbian.
WhatsApp claims to have more than 15 million users and allows free text and picture messaging.
See the job posting after the break.
If you enjoy writing code for mobile phones and are passionate about User Experience, keep on reading…
- Create new, awesome features used by millions of current WhatsApp users.
- Ability to work in a very small team.
- Own release and QA cycles of your code.
- BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Strong Java or C# programming and debugging skills
- Experience developing native mobile apps is strongly preferred, but not required
- Startup mindset
Thanks to our anonymous tipster.