A beta tester has revealed that WhatsApp has finally ditched its kludgy background music workaround on Windows phone and for an upcoming version will be using a proper Background agent.
The app will also add larger image support, notification fixes and fast resume, and they promise the app will now respond as rapidly as on their Android version, which is always running in the background.
The latest changelog features:
– v2.9.63 attempts to fix hanging on WP8
– v2.9.69 (submitted on 16-04)
- In addition to UI improvements we’ve rewritten our background agent code for increased performance (biggest plus no more music API usage)
- New smileys
- Fixes notification issues for WP8 users.
- Users can now see smileys on the double wide tile.
- Fast resume. (If the app is open and you click on the incoming notification it opens as if in Android, very fast really)
- On the start-up now it ask you to backup your chat history.
- Large images shown
Hopefully the messaging app, which recently revealed they have more users than twitter, will soon released a polished version into the Windows Phone Store.