It’s Friday again, which means it’s time for another roundup of PC gaming deals. This week’s deals include a Hideo Kojima game (or two), and some classics by Interplay. As it’s often easy to get lost looking for (and through) sales, we gather some of the best deals and list them here every Friday.
Steam’s back with a weekend franchise sale, and that’s not all. There’s two weekend trials available, too. RPG Maker MV, a tool to create role playing games, is the first one with a trial. It’s also 50% off, so it’s a good time to pick it up if you like it. Warhammer Vermintide also has a trial, and it’s 40% off.
Recommended games on sale
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ($7.49) – Metal Gear Rising is one of my personal favorite action games. It’s over the top, fast paced, and has an amazing soundtrack. It definitely isn’t a stealth game like the Metal Gear Solid games, but it’s some of the most fun you can have hitting things with a sword. If you prefer stealth, Metal Gear Solid 5 (both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain) are on sale, too.
- Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition ($1.99) – Sanctuary RPG is a fun little retro RPG. It’s completely in ASCII, and looks really good for what it is. It’s got a demo, so you can make sure you like it before you buy it.
- Murder Miners ($1.79) – Don’t let the name or the Minecraft clone aesthetic fool you, this is an actual good game. It’s a first person shooter that tries to be a lot like Halo, and while it isn’t as good, it’s still a ton of fun.
Recommended games on sale
- Overlord + Raising Hell ($2.49) – The original Overlord might be clunky, but it’s a charming game that’s a bit like an evil Pikmin. You control a horde of evil minions who will do anything and everything to serve their master.
- Giants: Citizen Kabuto ($3.99) – Giants is one of the few games had me laughing constantly. It’s a classic shooter with a brilliant script.
- Shogo: Mobile Armor Division ($2.39) – I had some trouble making this game run just the way I wanted it to on Windows 10, and YMMV with this game, but it’s another classic FPS. It’s an American take on Japanese sci-fi, and it’s a pretty good imitation. When it works right it’s also a pretty good game.
Other bundles and sales
There’s always going to be some good deals around the web that don’t fall into the previous categories, and this week is no different from any other in that regard.
- Humble Ubisoft Bundle Encore ($1 for 3 games, BTA for 3 more games with more to come next week, $15 for 2 more games, $75 for The Division and a Division t-shirt.) – The $1 category is definitely worth buying for Rayman Origins alone. Be warned, though, a lot of the games here use Uplay, which is Ubisoft’s attempt to take on Steam. A lot of people don’t like it, but the games themselves are still good.
- Axis Game Factory Complete Bundle ($6.99 for 7 products, $8.99 for 1 more.) – Axis Game Factory is a fairly popular game making program that allows beginners to make games easily. This bundle’s contents are normally over $200, so this is a pretty good deal.
Do you have any deals or sales you want to share? Let us know in the comments below!