Welcome to the Week in Review, where we highlight the top stories of the past week.
- An updated version of the 520
- Has 1 GB of RAM, allowing it to access all the apps in the store
- Otherwise, basically identical to the 520, 4″ screen, no flash
- According to an analyst, Microsoft brings in $2 billion from patent licensing deals with Android manufacturers. 95% of the revenue is pure profit.
- This suggests that Microsoft makes far less than the often rumored $5 to $15 per Android device sold
- Successor of 928 on Verizon
- 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage, 20 MP camera, 5″ screen
- Windows Phone is the second biggest in these countries, like Finland, Vietnam, and Russia
- 22% of all smartphones shipped in Q3 were 5+” devices, reflecting the trend for larger screens.