Windows Phone | Week in Review | August 12th
Welcome to the Week in Review, where we recap the top stories of the past week!
- Lumia users can go to Nokia’s website and find out if their update is available
- The update is already available on some carriers like T-Mobile
- AT&T users are still “waiting for approval”
- Microsoft included in-stream video ads, but Google claimed they weren’t always displaying the correct advertisement
- Google refuses to provide MS with the correct API to display ads
- Google wants MS to build a HTML5 YouTube app, which would be nearly impossible
- Thus WP is still left without a true official YouTube app
- Both stock camera and Pro Camera app are affected
- Affects 1020, 920, and probably more Nokia devices
- No response from Nokia yet
- Verizon-exclusive period is over
- Costs $6.99
- I personally thought it lacked in lasting value, and had performance issues
- With updates, it could be awesome!