We may have jumped the gun a bit when we wrote a few months ago that Weave was available for Fennec for Windows Mobile.Â The latest version, version 0.5, however corrects the error, and the software now natively supports our mobile OS.
Weave Sync is encrypts and securely synchronizes the Firefox across multiple browsers, so that your desktop, laptop and mobile phone can all work together. In short, Weave Sync lets you securely take your Firefox experience with you to all your Firefox browsers â€” including your mobile Firefox browser.
It currently supports continuous synchronization of your bookmarks, browsing history, saved passwords and tabs and allows, for example to:
- Get the same results on the Smart Location Bar on each of your Firefox browsers, so you can get to your favourite sites with just a few keystrokes
- Continue what you were doing: have the ability to open any tab you have open on any of your Firefox browsers
- Keep the same list of bookmarks on all of your Firefox browsers
- Easily sign in to all your favourite sites using your saved passwords (this is especially handy on mobile phones, where itâ€™s hard to type in complex passwords)
- Do it all securely: Weave Sync encrypts user data before uploading it to Mozillaâ€™s servers, so that only you can access your data
Version 0.5 brings major performance improvements during upload and download, improved support for bookmark tags and smart folders, support for changing passwords and passphrases, better error handling and reporting and of course support for Fennec on Windows Mobile.