Microsoft earlier this year rolled out an updated Wallet app for many Windows Phone users, but Microsoft’s app still doesn’t support Passbook files, the format for many online vouchers, tickets and the like. While you can use .mswallet files for your Windows phone, the number of retailers who support and issue those is small and dwindling.
Wallet Pass for Windows is a Windows 10 app that aims to solve those issues for casual users. It supports Apple’s passbook files perfectly out of the box and can convert them to .mswallet files and sync them to the wallet app if you need it. This means you can store your tickets and vouchers in your wallet app – or in the Wallet Pass app without having to worry about whether it is supported or not.
The app also allows you to sync your passbook files between your devices, so you can download a file on your PC and have it show up on your phone. Naturally, it supports Windows 10’s dark and light themes as well.
Here’s the full list of features below.
- Import .pkpass files from browser or email or via the file explorer app.
- Show locations included in passbooks and use it in Nokia Here Maps.
- Automatic saves to Microsoft Wallet app
- Manage every passbook in the app.
- Pin live tiles in start screen for every passbook.
- Save calendar events from passbooks data.
- Show notifications in the Action Centre from passbooks.
- Automatic updates.
- Backup and synchronise your passes between devices.
- Barcode scan
You can download the app from the store link here: