At VMworld today, VMware announced its partnership with Frame to stream Windows apps from the Cloud. Frame will power VMware’s new App Express service, as a part of Workspace ONE. VMware’s App Express service will allow organizations rapidly deploy and stream full-fledged Windows applications like Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk and more from the cloud. End users can access these Windows apps from any browser, on any device, without downloads or plugins. Frame claims that even the most complex visual applications can run as smoothly as they do on a physical desktop or workstation using their solution.
Frame will allow Workspace ONE App Express customers to:
- Securely access their Windows applications through a standard web browser without special client software or plugins.
- Easily push updates by patching one master image and publish to end users with a single click?—?no downtime involved.
- Quickly onboard and publish applications through Frame’s cloud-native control plane.
- ‘Pay as they grow’ for application delivery, rather than investing in IT they won’t need for years, if ever.
- Connect to major cloud storage services including Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.
Learn more about App Express service here.