VLC Player for Windows Phone just got updated to v1.3 in Store. This update includes new revamped user interface with clean look. This update also includes some bug fixes and stability improvements.
Find the full change log below,
– Updated User Interface
– Optimisations of XAML code, which is between 50% and 130% faster (parsing and layout rendering).
– LastFM scrobbling working on Windows
– Browse music and videos from folders. For example if your songs are not correctly tagged, you can browse in VLC and « play a folder » just like you would play an album.
– XAML Responsive Design enhancements : we’re trying to use your screen as best as possible. On tiny screens we removed the « now playing » title which is useless, and on a big screen we give more options with extra buttons, etc.
– Use of Windows 10 APIs via Reflection for setting a custom, orange window background color.
– New icons, margins and alignments are more polished (even if it’s still work in progress)
– Refresh button in the Video Library, just like the Music library
– Search videos or albums easily.
– Updated design for Video Player (still very work in progress though)
– Adding Semantic Zoom in the Albums view, with custom selection of ordering (by artist, by date, by album).
– We added a back button so devices like Lumia 730 or future tiny tablets will be able to go back easily.
– Using the same colors as VLC for Android/iOS.
Along with lots of bug fixes, etc.
VLC media player is a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player and streaming media server written by the VideoLAN project. VLC media player supports most audio and video compression formats, files and streaming protocols.
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.