VLC Player for Windows Phone just got updated to to v184.108.40.206 in Store with lots of bug fixes and improvements.
* Better UX when connecting to Last.FM
* Fix Subtitles and AudioTracks bugs (Windows only, still not working on Windows Phone)
* Clean StatusBar code
* Phones with virtual Navigation Bar are now supported by VLC. Users with Lumia like 735 won’t have the UI under the virtual Navigation Bar
* App should not crash anymore if a track does not exist/file is not found. It removes the track from the VLC library.
* Hide Mouse cursor and let the screen ON only when playing videos, not music
* App should start way faster. Example : On a Lumia 1020 it starts in 2 seconds instead of 7.
* App commands : Open file, stream and Settings are now displayed in a “more” button on the top of the UI.
* Adding Database versioning: this is the last version on WP that will drop the database at each update. Now it will use migration tools when the database is modified.
* Decrease app weight by removing unused files, pictures, placeholders and libraries
* Usual bugfixing and refactoring
VLC media player is a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player and streaming media server written by the VideoLAN project. VLC media player supports most audio and video compression formats, files and streaming protocols.
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.