Microsoft today announced the release of Visual Studio Code July 2020 update. This version 1.48 VS Code update comes with several new features including the much-awaited Settings Sync, Java lightweight mode and more. Find the highlights of this release below.
- Settings Sync to Stable – Settings Sync is now available for preview in stable.
- Updated Extensions view menu – Simplified menu with additional filtering options.
- New Git View submenus – Refactored overflow menu for Git in the Source Control view.
- Updated in-browser debugging – Debug in the browser without writing a launch configuration.
- Publish a public repository – Choose whether to publish to a public or private GitHub repository.
- Notebook UX updates – New Cell menu, enhanced drag and drop.
- New Remote Container topics – Learn how to attach to a container and create a new dev container.
- Java lightweight mode – Start working with your Java source files more quickly.
You can read about these updates in detail from the source link below.