BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS â€” Just in time for the holidays, Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile)1 announced the Samsung Omniaâ„¢ will be available for order online at www.verizonwireless.com and in business sales channels beginning Nov. 26. The Samsung Omniaâ€™s advanced touch screen, customizable user interface and Windows Mobile 6.1 capabilities are powered by the nationâ€™s most reliable wireless network ensuring that customers can browse the Web and access their e-mails quickly and reliably. It will be available through all sales channels including Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Dec. 8.
The Samsung Omnia is an all-in-one smartphone with state-of-the-art features, including Samsungâ€™s innovative TouchWizâ„¢ user interface which has specially designed widgets to customize and personalize the way customers use the phone. These bright and colorful icons provide a one-touch access point to customersâ€™ favorite and most commonly used applications and features. The Samsung Omnia also features a full on-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast text messaging, mobile IM and e-mail messages. The haptic feedback on the touch screen provides subtle vibrations to confirm selections; and an optical mouse provides easy navigation with the swipe of a finger. The Samsung Omnia supports Opera 9.5 Mobile Browser for a smooth Web browsing experience.
With Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, customers have access to a powerful personal computing experience in a slim, compact device. Microsoft Outlook Mobile keeps customers connected to e-mail, schedules and contacts; and Office Mobile enhances productivity with the ability to manage Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents â€“ all while on-the-go.
The Samsung Omnia is enhanced by a high-quality 5.0 megapixel camera with digital zoom and power LED flash, camcorder, stereo BluetoothÂ® wireless technology and Wi-Fi technology that helps customers capture special moments and stay connected to friends and family anytime, anywhere.
Key features and capabilities of the Samsung Omnia from Verizon Wireless include:
- Full HTML Web browser with touch navigation
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Access to multiple e-mail accounts with Microsoft Direct Push for corporate users
- Over-the-air synchronization of contacts, calendars and task lists with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Supports Microsoftâ€™s System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 that provides customers with software distribution capabilities and security-enhanced access to company data while they are away from the office
- Access to VZAppZone â€“ downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers and more
- Playback of MP3 files
- VZ Navigator(SM) capability â€“ get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location and share directions with others
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Mobile IM using AIMÂ®, MSNÂ®, Yahoo!Â®
- Bluetooth profiles supported: headset â€“ mono and stereo, hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging and phonebook access profiles
- 5.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with flash and zoom
- Face Detection â€“ centers on a face when taking a picture
- Panorama, split shot and anti-shake camera settings
- SmileShot â€“ enables the camera to detect when a person is smiling and automatically takes a picture when in the SmileShot mode
- Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g)
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
- Personal organizer with calculator, calendar, alarm clock, world clock, stop watch and notepad
- Dimensions: 4.41â€ (l) x 2.24â€ (w) x 0.52â€ (d) with standard battery
- Weight: approximately 4.34 ounces
- Display: 3.2â€ display
- Usage time: up to 346 minutes with standard battery or
- Standby time: up to 464 hours with standard battery (subject to environmental and other factors)
Verizon Wireless has priced the Samsung Omnia for $249.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative.