Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the availability of the Samsung OmniaÂ® IIâ„¢, a full-touch all-in-one smartphone powered by Windows MobileÂ® 6.5 to keep customers connected to their corporate and personal e-mail accounts and synchronized with their schedules and contacts.
Available Colors: Black with red accents on the battery cover
- 3.7-inch ultra-brilliant touch screen
- Widescreen WVGA AMOLED (Wide Video Graphics Array Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) responsive touch screen results in one of the brightest and clearest displays on a mobile phone in the United States
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology allows customers to input text faster and easier with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard
- Features Windows Mobile 6.5, which keeps customers connected with corporate and personal e-mail and synchronization of schedules and contacts
- Microsoft Office MobileÂ® enhances productivity with the ability to manage Word, ExcelÂ® and PowerPointÂ® documents
- Enhanced 3D cube user interface
- Full HTML Web browsing capabilities with Opera 9.5 enhanced browser
- One-touch access to social networking sites via shortcut widgets
- Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video on Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, VZW Tones, VZ Navigator(SM), Mobile IM and Mobile Email
- Full messaging suite, including SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, Mobile Email and Corporate Email
- Access to social networking applications, including YouTubeâ„¢, FacebookÂ® and MySpace, with Samsungâ€™s unique TouchWizâ„¢ 2.0 user interface
- 5.0 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus and camcorder and decoder with DNSe technology and on-device editing capabilities
- Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g)
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
- 8 GB internal memory and expandable memory of up to 16 GB with microSDâ„¢ memory card (card sold separately)
- BluetoothÂ® profiles supported: headset (mono and stereo), hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging, phonebook access profiles. Also supports serial port, dial-up networking, object push for vCalendar, file transfer, basic printing and human interface device profiles
Pricing and availability:
- The Samsung Omnia II will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Dec. 2 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.