Verizon has indicated that it will be providing a software update for the venerable HTC Trophy, the only Windows Phone on their network. The device has been suffering the disappearing keyboard bug since the Mango update many months ago, and has not had any updates since.
According to Verizonâ€™s PDF the update will:
- Improved Voice Mail notifications when traveling outside the U.S.
- Enhanced Cellebrite contact transfer performance.
- Improvements in keyboard performance prevent keyboard from disappearing while typing.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved device performance when downloading large software update files.
- Original messages will be included when replying or forwarding an email via an Exchange 2003 server.
- Improvements in text messaging performance.
All of course very welcome improvements, especially since the lone handset is expected to hold the Windows phone 7 flame high all the way until Apollo handsets hit the market later this year.
No date for the roll out has been announced yet.