Since its release back in 2012, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has been one of the most played games around the world. The popularity was enough for it to be considered as a competition with real prizes. The latest ELeague Major was won by Cloud9 who walked away with a total prize of over $500,000, following which someone spent $61,000 for a CS:GO weapon skin (Yes! you read that number right).
With all this popularity, Valve has been working continuously to improve the gameplay and the overall experience. The latest update for CS:GO was released today with an improved Nuke map and many changes to other maps as well. You can read below to check the official changelog for the update.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Enabled shotgun spread patterns on official matchmaking servers as described in http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/holiday-spread/
[ MISC ]
– Co-op Strike, Wingman, and Flying Scoutsman tags have been added to the workshop, so map authors can now tag their maps as playable in those modes.
– Co-op Strike, Wingman, and Flying Scoutsman tagged maps can now be launched into those modes from the Workshop tabs in game.
– Added a map place-able entity (vgui_world_text_panel) that allows mappers to put floating, localizable text in their map without needing custom res files.
– Added vscript function named ScriptPrintMessageCenterAllWithParams which requires 3 params that get inserted into the localization token at the %s1’s.
– CGamePlayerEquip now handles picking up healthshots and now respects max carry for grenades.
– Disabled sv_allowupload by default. If enabled, the filter restricting potentially malicious file types has been expanded.
– No longer exposing the server IP to clients in a circumstance where it wasn’t necessary. This should help prevent some DoS attacks.
[ MAPS ]
– Removed outer catwalk completely
– Removed helper catwalk onto silo
– New type of skylight windows in A site
– Added some cover in corner at back of B site
– Removed railings when entering B site from ramp
– Removed window in hut
– Moved entrance to hut slightly further in
– Moved up spawns for both teams
– Flipped static doors at T entrance to ramp
– Blocked off “old secret” area outside of garage
– Added solid white walls near CT spawn
– Rotated container outside of garage, and removed some smaller crates
– Removed access to crane inside of A site, made more of rafters accessible
– Reverted box-path onto hut inside A site to the old configuration
– Removed ladder up to rafters from inside A site
– Added collision for physics objects (except grenades) near water in B site
– For tournament organizers, the old version of Nuke is available on the Workshop.
– Closed off windows overlooking courtyard and A
– Cleaned up sightline from corner balcony toward A and Arch
– Made CT route to B more direct
– Joined two rooms on CT side of B into one space
– Simplified cover on back side of B
– Removed Ivy “laddice”, now a skill jump / boost spot
– Grenade-clipped CT bridge railings for more predictable smokes
– Moved courtyard statues forward for cleaner sightline
– Added ashtray for smokers
– Re-released and updated the Phoenix Compound co-op map on the workshop.
– Updated Cache and Shipped to the latest versions. Details can be found on the workshop pages.
— Cache Release Notes
— Shipped Release Notes
[ CO-OP STRIKE ]
– When players complete a custom co-op mission, it now restarts the map at the end of intermission instead of sitting at a black screen.
– Fixed barrel exploding particle effect relying on a specific map’s effects and now has it’s own unique effects.
– Slightly increased barrel explode radius.
– Added mp_heavybot_damage_reduction_scale convar which allows maps/missions to adjust how much damage heavy bots can take.
– Various fixes to the Heavy Assault Suit in Co-op Strike mode to allow it to work like it used to in that mode.
– Exposed some convars to allow Co-op Strike (and other modes) to adjust the Heavy Assault Suit (mp_weapons_allow_heavyassaultsuit, mp_heavyassaultsuit_speed, mp_heavyassaultsuit_deploy_timescale, mp_heavyassaultsuit_aimpunch).
You can download the latest update from Steam directly. Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.