One of the ways Windows 10 Mobile will be different from Windows Phone is much more PC-like capabilities, including being able to connect to a selection of USB peripherals like mice, keyboards and USB mass storage devices.
However to access this feature you are going to need a cable, and I suspect Microsoft will not be bundling one in the box.
Thankfully such accessories are already popping up on the internet, despite the handset not using the now ubiquitous micro-USB port.
Phone accessory maker Vostrostone are already selling a USB OTG cable to convert from USB Type-C to a female USB port, suitable for plugging in a variety of accessories.
The KuGi Microsoft Lumia 950 / 950 XL OTG Cable, High quality Ultra-thin USB 3.1 Type-C male to USB 3.0 Female OTG Host Cable For Microsoft Lumia 950 / 950 XL smartphone (White) offers the following features:
- Micro-USB 3.1 OTG cable, 100% compatible with Microsoft Lumia 950 / 950 XL smartphone
- Connect your peripheral devices like mice, keyboards and more to your portable electronics
- A single powerful interface can also support data, audio and video, power.
- (10G/S) / power (3~5A) / power (~100W) index improved significantly;
- Downward compatible with USB2.0\3.0\USB PD, although the interface is different but by switching to achieve.
At only $6.50 the accessory is a steal, and should easily fit into a generous wallet. See it at Amazon here.
USB OTG is of course a feature we have been waiting a rather long time for. Will our readers be picking up this accessory? Let us know below.Thanks