Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is a powerful multi-purpose desktop operating system which is capable of providing for the needs of many a computer user.
With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has streamlined the consumer versions of Windows into two SKUs – Home and Pro. This means that if you’re in a computer running Windows, you’re running one of these two SKUs. For many high-end PCs, the version of Windows typically pre-installed is the “Pro” version, while lower-end consumer grade PCs come with home. For instance, Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3, 4 and Surface Book devices ship with Windows 10 Pro, while the Surface 3 ships with Windows 10 Home.
However, users who may have purchased a PC shipped with home may want to avail themselves some of the many benefits of Windows 10 Pro, listed below:
- Ability to defer upgrades for a time
- Hyper V Support
- Remote Desktop
- Bitlocker encryption support
The cheaper version of Windows 10 – Windows 10 Home – doesn’t include those features in its base package which may prove limiting to people who require support for remote desktop or people who afren’t particularly taken with Windows 10’s auto updates. To unlock them, you’ll have to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Pro by making use of the following steps:
- Open the settings app on your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to “System”
- In the system settings pane, navigate to “About”
- When you have confirmed that your device is running on Windows 10 Home, tap or click the highlighted prompt to upgrade our edition of Windows
- This will take you to the activation page, where there will be a prompt to “Go to store”
- Tapping it will whisk you away to the Windows store, where you can now purchase a Windows 10 Pro license for $99
If you’ve managed o complete the above, you should now have a PC running Windows 10 Pro and all that entails. Of course, we should point out that Windows 10 Home should be sufficient for the majority of Windows users, and one shouldn’t feel pressured to shell out $99 if Pro doesn’t add anything tangible to their workflow.
You can order Windows 10 Pro from the below links,