We are going to see no.of productivity focused apps from Microsoft in the upcoming months. We recently covered about Flow app which lets you chat with anyone using email. Earlier today, we covered about OneClip app which allows you to have shared clipboard across platforms. Another new app called Revolve which prepares you for every conversation in every meeting. There is also a new app called Office Now. It is like a Cortana for your work life. It presents you with no.of cards with information that you will need.
Some of the features supported are listed below,
- Late Event Card: When Office Now detects that you have a late event, you’ll see a card that alerts you to the late event and allows you to set up an alarm so you don’t forget. Never forget about a late event again!
- Insights on Your Day: At the end of the day, you’ll now see insights about tomorrow.
- Travel Card:At the end of the day, you’ll see the travel card that visually calls out any events outside of your building for the next day.
- Atypical Notifications:Receive a notification when something atypical is detected, such as a meeting location or time changes shortly before an event begins or if you’re organizing an event and the room is declined. If you prefer to see all notifications, such as event reminders for all events, turn off Smart Notifications under Settings.
- Good morning notification: Gives you an at-a-glance summary of your day first thing in the morning directly from your lock screen or notification center.
- Commute card: Tells you what traffic looks like and how long your commute will take.
- Highlights card: Presents insights about your day, like how much time you’ll spend in events, when your first event starts and when your last event ends.
- Missed call card: Shows any missed calls and provides a quick action to return the call.
- In-depth people insights: Via a deep link into the Revolve app.
- Natural language event creation: Allows you to create events like you would say it.
- Better mail: Gives you a summary of what mail is recent and relevant in the morning and throughout the day.
- Email to yourself card: Displays any email that you send to yourself.
- Emails directly to you: Shows email that is sent directly to you from others.
- Enhanced timeline: Gives you a better overview of your day by calling out 1:1s, events you organized, and appointments.
Thanks to WalkingCat for the heads up.