Dell XPS 13 is the one of the best ultrabooks available in the market right now. It features the world’s first infinity display, a virtually borderless 13-inch screen placed into the body of an 11-inch laptop. Now, Dell is planning to release an updated XPS 13 9350 model which fixes most of the shortcomings of the current XPS 13 model.
- The design, premium construction and display options will remain the same.
- Instead of the current 5th Gen Intel CPU, the updated models will come with Intel 6th Gen “Skylake” CPUs. It will come with various options including Intel Core i3-6100U (2.3 GHz), the Intel Core i5-6200U (2.3GHz, up to 2.8 GHz via Turbo Boost) and the Intel Core i7-6500U (2.5GHz, up to 3.1GHz burst clock). All with integrated the Intel HD GPU 520 for improved graphics performance.
- For the first time, Dell will offer XPS 13 with 16GB RAM.
- For the first time, Dell will offer up to 1TB SSD.
- Two USB 3.0 ports instead of USB 2.0 ones.
- One USB Type-C port.
- Battery increased to 56 watt hours from 52 watt hours.
- The last and most important thing is the improved trackpad. It solves the accidental jumping issue in the current model.
Looks like a solid upgrade from Dell. What do you think?