The United States Postal Service has released a Universal Windows Platform app for Windows 10 phones and tablets.
The My USPS app offers an alternative to typing in package tracking numbers every time you want to see the status of a delivery. The My USPS™ application proactively scans the USPS mail-stream looking for packages heading for your home address and automatically populates your dashboard with a package’s status. The My USPS application allows you to easily track the status of outbound packages as well; either, by scanning the package barcode with your smart phone or by manually typing in a tracking number on your dashboard.
The app features:
- Verify your identity to ensure the security and privacy of your account.
- Schedule email and/or text-based alerts to track the delivery status of your packages.
- Easily view all your incoming packages before they arrive at your home.
- Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your mobile device’s camera. The app recognizes the shipment and will allow you to store the label number, so you can stay on top of its status.
- View pictures of incoming mail via the Informed Delivery dashboard (where applicable)
See screen shots of the app below:
Find the app in the Windows Store here.