Ubuntu today revealed its new OS optimized for tablet. The new tablet OS doesn’t offer any unique new features that are not found on any other OS, instead it directly rips-off most of the platform features in Windows 8.
- Multitasking – Windows 8 Snapview is named side stage in Ubuntu. It allows users to snap an app to its sides and still interact with them in the new layout.
- Edge Gestures: Use all four edges of the screen to navigate between apps, settings and controls. Similar to Windows 8, you can swipe up, swipe from right to get app controls, settings, etc,.
- Switching between apps – Swiping from left lets you switch between apps in Ubuntu similar to the one found in Windows 8.
- OS wide sharing – You can share within any apps with common sharing controls similar to Windows 8.
- Federated Search and more.
Watch the video above to know how Ubuntu for touch is strikingly similar to Windows 8.