Uber yesterday announced the new Uber Rewards program that will allow Uber and Uber Eats users to earn special benefits based on their service usage. There are four membership levels: Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Users cannot buy these membership levels, instead they have to earn it by using Uber services often. Find the rewards program details below.
- Customers can start earning one point for every eligible dollar spent on UberPool and Uber Eats orders; two points for UberX, UberXL, Select, and WAV; and three points for Black and Black SUV.
- Once you earn 500 points, you’ll advance from Blue to Gold.
- At 2,500 points you’ll advance to Platinum.
- And at 7,500 points, you’ll advance to Diamond.
- Earnings periods are 6 months long, and are tied to the date you signed up to join the program. When you unlock a tier, you have that tier for the remaining earnings period, and next 6 months.
Uber Rewards program benefits:
- Once you opt into the program, you’ll get $5 added to your Uber Cash balance for every 500 points earned, regardless of your membership level. Your Uber Cash balance can be spent on both rides and Uber Eats.
- Gold membership: You’ll get flexible cancellations: for those moments when you thought you were ready to go but actually needed more time, you can cancel and rebook an eligible Uber trip within 15 minutes and have the cancellation fee refunded. Gold members also receive priority support that gets them faster response times from experienced support agents across Uber and Uber Eats.
- Platinum membership: You get all the benefits that Gold members have, plus two more. You’ll get price protection on a route, letting you lock in lower prices between your two favorite places on UberX, even during traffic or busy times of day to help you better plan. Platinum members also get priority pickups to reduce wait times at most airports, so you can get on your way more quickly.
- Diamond membership: You’ll get Gold and Platinum membership benefits in addition to premium support, with dedicated phone support with fast 24/7 response times from our most experienced customer support agents. You’ll also get complimentary surprise upgrades from UberX to premium products like Uber Black at no extra cost, and a special “UberX Diamond” option you’ll see in your app that gives you access to highly-rated drivers. Finally, Diamond members receive no delivery fee on three Uber Eats orders every six months.
For now, Uber Rewards program is available only in the following US cities: Miami, New Jersey, Denver, Tampa, New York, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta and San Diego. If you are interested in this membership program, you can join the waitlist.