Respawn today announced the 6th update for Titanfall that includes Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock. Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads. Also, joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we’ll count it as one. We’ve also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress. IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS
FX Optimizations – Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that. Matchmaking – Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.
- The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
- New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
- New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams’ scores is increasing or decreasing.
- Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
- Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
- To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
- As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.