It looks like video on demand service TalkTalk TV is looking to bring their app to Windows Mobile.
On their job board the company has posted a position for a Windows Development Engineer saying:
We’re looking for enthusiastic engineers to join our Windows Mobile Development Team within our growing and exciting TV business. The role holder will ideally have 2-3 years experience in building native applications for Windows Phone devices, and be proficient in C# and XAML. The role provides the opportunity to work under the leadership of the Windows Development Lead, and be part of a team building best-in-class experiences that enable our customers to watch TalkTalk TV’s premium TV and movie content using their mobile device.
On iOS their TV2Go app offers:
• Pause here, pick up there – Start watching on your TV and finish on your smartphone or tablet
• Even more flexibility – Watch on two devices over Wi-FI plus your YouView box at the same time
• Continuous playback – Watch your boxset episodes back to back without interuption
• Keep the little ones safe – Set your level of parental controls for each device
• Plan your viewing – Save on demand shows to your watchlist to feast on later
• Sign in on your home Wi-Fi – Simple sign in using your home Wi-Fi (the same as your YouView box)
Presumably their Windows Phone app would have a similar feature set.
One of the advantages of course of developing for Windows 10 Mobile is that the app should run unmodified on Windows 10, which will have a larger addressable market, and where, according to Microsoft, apps like Netflix are already taking over from the browser for video consumption, making such an investment worthwhile.
Are any of our readers waiting for this app? Let us know below.Source