Microsoft is inviting French developers to pitch application ideas to a panel of venture capitalists and also Steve Ballmer at a Microsoft-organized event conveniently dated for the 7th October, around when Windows Phone 7 is expected to launch (for reference Windows Mobile 6.5 was launched on the 6th October. Coincidenceâ€¦?).
7 developers will have 2 minutes each to pick application ideas, and the final 7 will be chosen from a larger group of submissions filtered via facebook like-button voting.
Julien Codorniou, development director of Microsoft France notes:
"Since the introduction of the Windows development platform Phone7 at MIX last April, we receive almost daily videos and demos of applications Windows Mobile Phone 7. We are pleased to see how the French mobile ecosystem is creative and innovative. This competition is a golden opportunity for independent developers and students to present their innovations and Steve Ballmer and shine before a jury of French entrepreneurs and investors behind some of the finest success stories of our industry. "
Jurors include luminaries like:
- Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft
- Pierre Olivier Carles, CEO of Kipost and co-founder of Labotec, business angel.
- Jacques Antoine Granjon, Founder vente-privee.com
- Ouriel Ohayon, Co-Founder of AppsFire and Co-founder of the fund Isai
- Marc Simoncini, founder and President of Meetic and fund Jaina
- Bruno Vanryb, Founder and President of Avanquest Software
This competition is open to all developers of mobile applications: students, hobbyists, entrepreneurs, and all independent developers, professional or not, may participate.
Read more about the contest at MSDN France here.
Thanks Ã˜ivind for the tip.