Important first party apps are rapidly falling in place for Windows Phone.
The latest news is that massive insurer StateFarm is working on a Windows Phone version of their Pocket Agent app.
Reader Mark enquired and received the response above, saying the company has decided to create the app, but unfortunately do not have a time line for its release yet.
The iPhone version of the app features:
- Pay Insurance Premium – Have a mobile lifestyle? Pay my Premium now gives you an easy way to pay your State Farm® insurance premium using Pocket Agent® for iOS.
- Claims Center – Document a claims checklist with the push of a button. Registered users can submit a claim and check claim status.
- Bills & Payments – Convenient way to pay your insurance premium and/or bank bills.
- Submit a Claim – fill out a claims checklist with the push of a button.
- Take and submit pictures using your device camera and record accident details and vehicle damage.
- My Insurance Card** – Can’t find your insurance card? Now your policy information is at your fingertips!
- Check the balances of State Farm Bank® and Mutual Fund accounts.
- My Agent – Contact your State Farm agent or find one close-by. Add your agent to your contacts or e-mail directly.
- On The Road – Search for tow trucks, taxis, locksmiths, and rental cars by current location or zip code.
- Locate a State Farm Select Service® Repair Facility*.
- Search for State Farm agents by current location or zip code.
- Draw the Scene – This feature offers users the ability to “draw” the scene and circumstances of an accident, by selecting a road setting and vehicle, adding objects and showing motion.
- Other claimants and other vehicles – This feature adds sections on the claim form for the other parties involved in the accident, including name, insurance information and vehicle information.
- Document witnesses – Take down information of witnesses to an accident.
- Describe the scene – This feature allows users the ability to make free-form notes in addition to filling out the claim form information.
- MyTime Deposit® – Making a deposit to your State Farm Bank® account is as easy as point-and-shoot. Just endorse the check, enter the amount, and take its picture. (iPhone 3g and higher, not currently available for iPad).
- View State Farm Bank Deposit and Credit Card transaction history.
As usual we hope we will not have to wait too long, but I think two and a half years after the launch of Windows Phone the wait for major 1st party apps is now finally starting to be over.
Thanks Mark for the tip.