Update: The Star Wars: Battlefront II multiplayer beta is on the way, available for Xbox One and PC in October. Fans who preorder Star Wars: Battlefront II will be able to play the beta early, starting October 4. The beta opens to the public two days later on October 6, and there’s a lot to explore. According to a leak, the beta includes:
- Galactic Assault on Theed for 40 players.
- Starfighter Assault on Fondor and another map for 24 players.
- Beta includes an offline Skirmish mode which may be renamed to Arcade.
- Heroes are the same as the build from EA Play.
- There’s a new vehicle called the LAAT gunship.
- File size will be between 14-16 GB.
- There will be 5-9 emotes available for soldiers.
- Progress will be lost after the beta is over so don’t get too attached to your character.
- Graphics are further improved from the E3 build.
On June 10, the gameplay world premiere of Star Wars: Battlefront II will be streamed live at EA Play–and the publisher promises it won’t disappoint. What also won’t disappoint is news that will get any die-hard fan access to the game sooner than later. This fall, you’ll be able to experience the epic scale of the Star Wars universe with a Star Wars: Battlefront II multiplayer beta on Xbox One and PC.
Even better? Any fans who preorder the game (or have already preordered it) will be able to start playing the multiplayer beta early. In addition, anyone who preorders will get instant access to an upgraded Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card for Yoda. Players who preorder will also receive exclusive Star Wars: The Last Jedi content including outfits and powers.
This content will be available for everyone who preorders, no matter which version you plan on playing. Additionally, preorders of the Star Wars: Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition come with 3-day early access to Star Wars :Battlefront II and upgraded versions of all 4 trooper classes. For those who don’t know, Star Wars: Battlefront II officially lands on November 17.