After the FNB hit the store, South African Windows Phone users have another reason to rejoice, as an app for Standard Bank of South Africa has just popped up in the Windows Phone Store.
The app features:
- View your available and actual account balances in easily navigated categories.
- Get graphs that compare the state of your accounts.
- See net balances on all your accounts.
- Search for specific transactions and view your provisional, 30-day, 60-day and 90-day statements.
- Transfer funds between any of your linked accounts.
- Pay beneficiaries that have been preloaded onto your banking profile. These are added on Internet banking or by visiting your nearest branch.
- Buy airtime from Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, Virgin and 8ta. Telkom Worldcall cards can also be topped up. Browse your device’s address book to easily buy prepaid.
- Send money to any other Standard Bank South Africa customer using just their cellphone number (if they are registered for Standard Bank’s Mobile banking service) or their Standard Bank account number).
The app has been built in-house by Standard Bank, and they say this allows them to be responsive to changing demands and technology. It also takes the challenges of operating in Africa into account, offering an offline mode for example.
"The Standard Bank Sales Application has been designed in-house and tailored to meet the requirements of the Standard Bank network across the entire African continent," Peter Vickery, Standard Bank’s Head of Sales and Service Personal and Business Banking Africa told News24.
"The application has the inherent ability to function in both online and offline modes. In the event of poor network connectivity, the app is completely functional and data is automatically transmitted as soon as network connectivity is restored."
He also noted the app has been designed to support future features like Biometrics.
"The app has the ability to interface with various technologies in order to remain at the forefront of mobile advancements in line with some of the latest smartphone and tablet features available," he said.
The free app, which has some features which are useful to any banking customer, such as a mortgage calculator, can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.