The following post may contain spoilers about Final Fantasy XV’s upcoming expansion.
Final Fantasy XV garnered praise from critics and gamers alike. People loved the story despite having issues with the way certain sections were told. Ever since its release, players have been asking Square Enix for the ability to play as other characters. Well, that wish is about to come true. The publisher recently shared details about what to expect from Episode Gladiolus.
After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis around thirty years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors. Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King known as the ferocious Gilgamesh.
Square Enix provided a list of the main features in the expansion as well. The highlights are as follows:
- While Final Fantasy XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party.
- While the main game’s system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new Valor and Rage system.
- Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
- By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
- In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, Score Attack and Final Trial are available upon completing the episode.
Final Fantasy XV is an amazing experience and if you haven’t purchased it on Xbox One, you should do so immediately. The game is complex and emotional. This story content seems like it will make the title even better! Episode Gladiolus should release on March 28 on Xbox One.