Windows Phone users on Sprint must have been feeling rather forgotten, with GDR 3 rolling out to the vast majority of Nokia and HTC handsets, but hardly anything being heard for them.
The good news is Sprint has not completely forgotten Windows Phone users, and have started the roll-out of GDR3 to their Samsung ATIV S Neo users.
Besides the usual GDR3 features the update will also fix bugs with SIM contact notification and with the camera software.
GDR3 should bring:
- Driving Mode: Get from point A to point B with fewer distractions. Designed to limit notifications on the lock screen—including texts, calls, and quick status alerts—while driving.
- Improved Internet Sharing: Easier to use. Just pair the phone and Windows 8.1 PC or tablet over Bluetooth, tap the network name to be connected and ready to go.
- More useful ringtones: Use custom ringtones for more things—including instant messages, emails, voicemails, and reminders. Users can also assign custom ringtones to contacts for text messages, so you’ll know who’s texting you without even looking.
- Rotation Lock: New rotation lock option to keep screen fixed in place.
- Better storage management: New storage settings make it easier to free up space and manage temporary files. A new category view shows what’s taking up space at a glance.
- Easily close apps: App switcher to quickly close apps when you’re finished with them.
- Wi-Fi access out of the box: Connect to Wi-Fi during phone set up, and start conserving cellular data right out of the box.
- Better Bluetooth: Bunch of improvements to improve connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
To check if the update is available for your handset go to Settings > Phone Update and tap Check for Updates.