The new Spb Wallet 2.0 â€” a secure repository of most valuable private information, such as PINs, passwords, keys, account, passport, and credit card numbers â€” has versions for non- and touchscreen Windows Mobile devices, Symbian Series 60 smartphones (including Nokia 5800 touch screen), Apple’s iPhone and iPod, and a desktop component. The new multiplatform approach allows users of Spb Wallet to keep their private data safe, even when they swap phones or mobile platforms.
Spb Wallet securely stores sensitive information AES 256-encrypted and password-protected, supports automatic lockup, clipboard cleanup, and protects from phishing. The data can be synchronized between (and accessed from) multiple PCs and mobile devices. The virtual, electronically stored items, such as cards and passports look like real ones: Spb Wallet 2.0 offers an integrated online database of over seven thousand most popular cards, and the option to order more custom images â€” for free. The new Wallet 2.0 for Windows Mobile boasts Autocomplete for PIE, new finger-friendly UI, adaptive skins, smart scrolling, gestures, animation effects, and a new logon panel. The desktop version offers advanced integration with web browsers, automatic supply and capture of websites login information, password generator, migration wizard from custom CSV formats and other wallet applications.
Spb Wallet 2.0, Select Features:
- Supported platforms: Windows Desktop (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), Windows Mobile 5+ (Professional and Standard), Apple iPhone and iPod, Symbian S60 (9.0+)
- AES 256 encryption
- Integrated Online Templates Gallery with 7,000+ most popular cards, and option to order customized cards for FREE
- Improved integration with Firefox and Internet Explorer: protection from phishing, login Autocomplete for familiar sites, automatic capture of login information for new ones
- New desktop synchronization engine: synchronization with Google mail, network folders, Apple iPhone via Bonjour
- Automatic wallet lockup & clipboard cleanup
- Active card fields: open web sites, send emails, send text messages, make phone calls, and copy data to clipboard – straight from Spb Wallet
- Importing wizard, password generator, quick search
Spb’s multiplatform approach to product development is dictated by the company’s position as a partner to mobile network carriers. “The Windows Mobile platform will always stay our primary focus,” â€” comments Vassili Philippov, Spb Software COO. “But we strive to adjust our offer to meet the demands of mobile operators, who are interested in solutions that cover a wider subscriber base, and can run on all major mobile platforms.”
Pricing and Availability
Spb Wallet is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows Desktop (2000, 2003, XP, Vista). A free, 15-day trial can be downloaded, or Spb Wallet for Windows Mobile may be purchased for 29.95 USD from www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. To be alerted of the latest Spb Wallet upgrades and availability please sign up to the product newsletter: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/support/updates.html. As a limited time offer, users of Spb Wallet 2.x for Windows Mobile get the Symbian version for free, and vice-versa, please contact Spb Software support for details. According to Spb Software upgrades policy, all Spb Wallet 1.x users, who have purchased the product within the last 90 days, are invited to exchange the previous version of software for the newly released one, for free.
Further Information and Downloads
Further information regarding Spb Wallet can be found at the Spb website:Spb Wallet for Pocket PC video guide
So there you have it folks. To grab the trial version or to pick up a full version, or to read the original press release,Â head here.
If you have been awaiting this program or have already been using it, let us know how it is going in the comments.