Back in July, Sony announced WF-1000XM3, its flagship noise canceling truly wireless earbuds featuring proprietary HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1e to offer industry leading noise cancellation. With 24bit audio signal processing and best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio, the WF-1000XM3 also dramatically improve the sound quality. The WF-1000XM3 is now on sale from Amazon for just $198.
Based on the feedback from customers, Sony recently released a new firmware update for WF-1000XM3 that brings new improvements and features to these earbuds.
First, Sony has added support for Amazon Alexa. Second, Sony finally allows you to control the volume via the headset. Third, you now have visible battery level of the charging case in the Sony Headphones Connect app. The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Improves connectivity with iOS
- Improves other functions
- Improves connectivity with Windows 10, resolving an issue where on some specific builds of Windows 10, sound would not playback after Bluetooth pairing
- General performance and stability improvements
This new firmware update is now available from the Headphones Connect app.
Sony WF-1000XM3 Highlights:
- Industry-leading noise canceling with HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1e
- 24bit audio signal processing delivers dramatically improved sound quality
- Battery life up to 24 hours with carrying case (with 10min quick charge for 90min of play time
- Truly wireless design with uninterrupted L/R simultaneous Bluetooth transmission
- Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically switches to ambient sound mode based on your activity
- Quick Attention Mode and Wearing Detection make conversations effortless
- Sony | Headphones Connect app for Android /iOS to use Smart Listening technology to control your ambient sound settings
You can order Sony WF-1000XM3 here from Amazon.