Continuing with the Christmas season feeling, a new version of SnowStorm has been released. Versus the older version, the application features the following improvements:
– Using the OpenGLES SDK to create a â€œpseudoâ€ 3D layout.
– Snowflakes will be larger in the front then in the back.
– If the PDA is laying horizontal, snowflakes will â€œdisappearâ€ to the back-end or stay on the front after a while
– Pseudo horizon, fixed at about 50% of the screen.
– Simple graphics, trees are placed randomly, snowman is fixed
– Simple turbulence (any pointers to good algorithms are appreciated)
– Snowflakes disappear behind trees/snowman, depending on their position in space. They will travel through them however
– Simple collision detection, only sides of the â€œfrustumâ€ are checked, as well as the artificial floor.
Click on the top part of the screen to quit the program. Click on the lower part of the screen to restart the app.
See the video below for the app in action.
Download the app from this XDA-Developer thread here.