Collaboration tool Slack has long been promising a Windows Phone app, but as their beta has been private it has not been clear exactly what is going on.
A recently posted changelog indicates that they are taking their app very seriously, and that it will likely be very feature rich, will full support for Live Tiles for example.
WinPhone Beta Notes
Release notes for Version 2015.813.0.0 (August 13th, 2015)
- New design that is more similar to the other Slack mobile apps with a Windows 10 style
- Support for various authentication methods such as two-factor authentication and guest single-sign on
- Live tile displaying the latest 5 messages
- New message markers in channels, unread message bar
- Custom emoji support & viewing message reactions
- Faster navigation between channels
- Profile pages
- Live tile notification text is not cleared when that message is read.
- The unread messages blue bar in a channel doesn’t always automatically dismiss when the newest message initially appears on the screen.
- Text input areas sometimes receive focus when navigating causing the keyboard to open.
- After clicking a toast notification, there might be a delay in displaying the message while the app re-establishes a connection.
- Certain events like channel join / leave may trigger an unread channel indication when they should not.
- Reactions are currently read only.
- The application may not handle loss of connectivity gracefully in all situations.
- Each message from a user is currently displayed with a picture / name header instead of joining with previous recent messages.
- Performance improvements
- File uploads
- Adding reactions
- Mentions & starred items view
The company has also recently expanded their beta program, suggesting once again that it will not be long before we see this much desired app being released.
See the changelog here.