Slack just sent out an update to their Windows Phone app. The update brings support for animated gifs, which users of Slack will know is actually a major business feature 😉 It also brings support for in-app downloads, improved handling of Slackbot messages and many fixes and improvements.
Here’s the full change log below:
- In-app downloads
- Improved handling of Slackbot messages
- Experimental support for animated gifs (can be enabled in Settings – it may impact scrolling performance depending on device and number of images animating)
- Fixed connectivity issues some devices were having
- Fixed some issues with selecting users & inviting users to group messages
- Fixed an issue where keyboard did not properly display after resuming on authentication screen
- Improved performance on loading large direct message user lists
- Fixed various other crashes that have been reported
- Messages cannot be sent while disconected. In the future we plan to have better handling for queueing messages sent, but for now the send button should be disabled when there isn’t a connection available.
- Mulit-team support – several people have requested multi-team support and we’re working on it :+1:
- Performance improvements – it can always be better
- Starring and viewing starred items
- Commenting on files
- Offline support
- Channel Info pane
- More integration with Windows Phone specific features
Download Slack for Windows Phone from the link below.