Skyfire has always been a browser with outstanding functionality, but when it came to appearance it always lagged browsers like Opera Mobile.
No more however, as version 1.5 brings a more attractive, finger-friendly browser that makes better use of our VGA and WVGA screens.
The latest version features:
- Full VGA Support. Skyfire now provides native support for the VGA and wVGA resolutions as seen on many recent Windows Mobile phones.
- Smooth Scrolling. Kinetic scrolling has been added to Skyfire. Flick and you will see that scrolling has become very smooth.
- Finger friendly UI. There are many UI updates to enable finger friendliness, increase the ease of use and add a bit of fun to the Skyfire experience. We updated as well the start page to be simpler-to-use with high-resolution devices
- Full screen mode. For touch screens we have a mode that will completely remove all UI elements from the screen to provide maximum visibility onto the page. Tap the bottom right corner to bring back the toolbar.
- Auto-Move text entry. This keeps any text entry box visible when the virtual keyboard is used. This convenient feature assures that web site forms are easy to use, in case the SIP (i.e., virtual keyboard) covers it.
- Latest versions of Flash 10 and Silverlight. 1.5 has been updated to the newest and most stable versions of both rich-media formats.
- Performance enhancements. Both Skyfireâ€™s client and servers have been upgraded for faster, more responsive browsing.
The updated version can be downloaded at get.skyfire.com here.