New in the latest release is:
- Improved page load times. For sites that take a long time to load, we updated our algorithm to bring you the content much quicker.
- Improved reconnect. Skyfire will show clearly when you can start interacting with the web page in case it previously timed out and disconnected (to save battery life).
- WML support. If you are browsing to mobile sites that use the old mobile WML markup, you can now view the content.
- Improved mobile website support. Mobile.* websites are now rendered automatically as mobile with the exception of mobile.yahoo.com since it is a PC site.
- Page up/down navigation via short-key: You can use now â€˜2â€™ and â€˜8â€™ to easily navigate one page up or down. Great for reading articles. Now the short-key for invoking the Superbar is â€˜*â€™. Please note that on some devices with a non-standard keyboard layout, short-keys may behave differently since this is phone specific.
- Updated Plug-ins: For Flash, Silverlight and QuickTime we have the newest versions to give you more compatibility with more sites.
The release also fixes some issues:
- Skyfire quits on startup on Windows Mobile 6.5 devices: It affected a limited number of 6.0 and 6.1 devices as well. (Fixed Issue 7369)
- Samsung Propel and Jack (AT&T): Could not uninstall Skyfire if the SIM card was missing. Fixed.
- Short-keys inconsistent on non-standard keyboard. On some keyboard layouts (half-qwerty, dual keyboards), the short-keys do not work as expected. (Issue 7498, 7408, 7581)
Read more at Skyfire here and download the browser by visiting get.skyfire.com from your mobile device.