After gathering more than 250 million users, Shazam has announced that it has expanded its Shazam for TVâ„¢ second-screen service in the U.S. to support TV programming on any channel, anytime of day.
Now, Shazam users can use the app as a â€œTV companion appâ€ with any TV show in the U.S. to access cast details and photos, music in the show, celebrity gossip, trivia, celebrity tweets, and links to additional information, plus the ability to instantly share and comment on the show or episode on Facebook and Twitter.
The app update, which will be rolling out to Windows Phone also, features:
- Featured music â€“ Shazam has leveraged its rich music history and its 20+ million track database to identify the music featured in whatever people are watching
- Cast information â€“ the app will list the cast featured in the program, guest stars, as well as other shows theyâ€™ve been in
- Trivia â€“ fans can learn more about their favorite program and even read about the occasional goofs with the trivia feature in the app
- Celebrity buzz â€“ gives fans all the latest gossip about the show and the stars in it
- Social sharing â€“ live Twitter feeds as well as commenting in the app makes it fun to talk with your friends about what youâ€™re watching
- More information â€“ convenient links to show-related information at IMDB, Wikipedia, and the official site for the show.
Additionally, different types of programming will feature different results. For instance, sports events will include stats, scores and schedules instead of cast information.
The update is still to roll out, but the current Shazam app can be found in Marketplace here.
Via The Verge.com.