Rare’s beloved mascots Banjo and Kazooie celebrate their 20th anniversary this year, and to commemorate the occasion the developer has added a little tribute to them in its latest game, Sea of Thieves.
Alongside patch 1.1.5, players will be able to purchase a special Banjo-Kazooie themed figurehead. The “Bear & Bird Figurehead,” as it is being called, will be available for 1998 gold, an appropriate price and homage to the game’s launch. This figurehead will only be available for a limited-time and can be purchased during the month of July, so act fast if you want to grab it.
You can read the rest of the patch notes below.
- Bear & Bird Figurehead – Now stocked by the Shipwright to celebrate Banjo-Kazooie’s 20th anniversary.
- Rock the Boat – Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships.
- PC Exit to Desktop – Players on PC now have the ability to exit to desktop from the front end.
- Shop Clutter – Player Titles no longer remain in the shop when purchased, reducing the amount of clutter in the clothing shops.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Multiple Megalodons will no longer spawn in the same zone.
- Megalodon encounter music will no longer be heard on the Ferry.
- ‘Crew Management’ and the ‘Allow Friends to Join’ text is now localised to all languages.
- There is no longer an invisible rock in Thieves’ Haven.
- ‘Skeleton Exploder’ Title now shows the correct icon in the Vanity Chest.
- There is no longer a wall on Plunder Valley that players can clip through to see outside the map.
- VFX for lighting a gunpowder barrel now correctly appear connected to the fuse.
- Players will no longer be teleported back to their ship when they shoot themselves from the cannon on the north side of Devil’s Ridge.
- Header and footer UI in shops is now consistent with the rest of the UI menus.
- The ‘More’ button on all radials now properly updates when key bindings are changed and will no longer remain the same button.
- Resource barrels on ships will not longer periodically restock if they are below the default level.
Via: Sea of Thieves