A few weeks ago we reported that India’s largest bank, the State Bank of India, was working on a Windows Phone app.
Much faster than we expected, the app has now reached the Windows Phone Store.
Now, with the State Bank Freedom app, users can check balances, send money and enjoy many other features.
The app features:
- Funds transfer (within SBI or other Bank’s account)
- Immediate Mobile Payment Services (IMPS) : Fund Transfer, Merchant Payments 24 x 7
- Enquiry Services (Balance Enquiry / Mini statement)
- Cheque Book request
- Demat Account Enquiry
- Bill Payments (Utility bills, Credit Cards, Insurance premium), Donations, Subscriptions
- Mobile Top up
- M-Commerce (DTH Recharge of Tatasky, BigTV, SunDirect, DishTV, DigitalTV and Videocon d2h connections, SBI Life insurance premium, etc.)
- Booking of train tickets over the IRCTC portal through IMPS
The app is free. Read more about getting started and find the app in the Windows Phone Store here.
Thanks Vikrant for the tip.