Samsung has been quietly updating their Windows Phone SmartThings home automation and management app, with the software currently standing at version 1.61, last updated in April 2016.
The current app supports:
- Receive notifications when people, pets, and cars arrive and leave
- Know when doors, drawers, and valuable items open, close, or move
- Set your lights to turn on or off when you come, go, or when different things happen
- Trigger window A/C or space heaters to turn on when you leave work
- Turn on a light or TV in response to motion at night
- Use your smartphone to automatically perform actions based upon your location
- Monitor and control your energy use
Now on their blog Samsung has announced a coming update to the app which will introduce new security features. Samsung writes:
The safety and security of your home are fundamental to our mission at SmartThings. Starting September 15, 2016, the latest versions of the SmartThings mobile app will begin using new authentication measures to help keep your home private and secure.
The app update is not available yet, but should arrive soon, and will become mandatory by the 6th December.
Download the app from the Windows Phone Store here.