After so many leaks, Samsung today officially announced the Galaxy Note9, its latest flagship smartphone with many improvements over its predecessor. Samsung Galaxy Note9 comes with the following set of improvements:
- All Day Battery: Galaxy Note9 features a 4,000mAh battery that gives you long-lasting power to use all day.
- Store More, Delete Less: Galaxy Note9 is available with two internal storage options – choose from 128GB or And with the ability to insert a microSD card (sold separately), Galaxy Note9 is 1TB ready..
- Speed and Power: Galaxy Note9 is a super powerful smartphone with cutting-edge 10nm processor and support for the fastest network speeds available in the market (up to 1.2 gigabits per second), so you can stream and download without slowing down. Galaxy Note9 also includes a Samsung developed Water Carbon Cooling system and an on-device AI-based performance adjusting algorithm to deliver powerful yet stable performance.
- New S Pen: Eith Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) support, the new S Pen gives you an entirely new way to use the Note. With just a click, you can take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play music, and more. The S Pen charges in the phone in just under a minute, so it’s ready for you in a matter of moments. Developers can even integrate the S Pen’s new, advanced BLE functionalities into their apps later this year.
- Improved Camera features: Samsung Galaxy Note9 features the same dual-aperture camera that we already saw on Galaxy S9 series.
- Scene Optimizer: The Galaxy Note9 camera uses intelligence to identify elements of a photo, such as scene and subject, to automatically classify it into one of 20 categories. It then optimizes saturation, white balance, brightness and contrast based on the category. The result is a stunning, lifelike image with bold colors and dynamic definition.
- Flaw Detection: We don’t always get things right on the first shot, but Galaxy Note9 lets you know if there’s something wrong, so you can take another picture before you lose the moment. You’ll get an immediate notification if the image is blurry, if the subject blinked, if there is a smudge on the lens or if there is backlight impacting the quality of the image.
Apart from the above improvements, the Galaxy Note9 features all the standard Samsung flagship features such as Super AMOLED display, Samsung pay, fast wireless charging, IP68 water and dust resistance, iris recognition and more.
Galaxy Note9 will be available in two bold, new colors Ocean Blue and Lavender Purple. Galaxy Note9 will be available on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Xfinity networks from August 24, 2018 for $999.99. The 128GB Galaxy Note9 will also be available at Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Sam’s Club, Straight Talk Wireless, Target and Walmart as well as Samsung.com and the Shop Samsung app. The 512GB Galaxy Note9 will be available at select locations for $1,249.99. You can pre-order the device from 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 10, 2018.
As usual, Samsung has announced launch offers for this device as well. If you pre-order Galaxy Note9 between August 10, 2018 and August 23, 2018, you can choose a pair of AKG noise-cancelling headphones ($299 retail value) or the Fortnite Galaxy skin with 15,000 V-bucks ($150 retail value), for free—or get both for just $99 ($449 retail value).